...if it's a boy or a girl, that is. It's the question posed to us immediately after someone hears we're expecting, whether it's coming from a close friend, distant relative, or just the clerk at the grocery store. Regardless of how well we know the person on the other side of the conversation, we can count on this inquiry. It really has been intriguing how curious people become. And, honestly, I've come to the conclusion that their interest is more in whether or not we are choosing to know the gender rather than in knowing what the gender actually is. And just as eager as they are to know if we're planning to know, they are equally ready to give their opinion on the matter.
We've heard strong opinions on both sides of the coin. Some are dying to know themselves, therefore strongly advocating that we find out as soon as possible. Yet others feel very strongly that we should wait and not find out. One friend actually equated it to our "last opportunity to experience what it's like to have the surprise of Santa's arrival Christmas morning". The votes from friends and family seem to be split, so it leaves us in an interesting predicament. It's particularly complicated by the fact that many of those who urge us not to find out have also expressed that they do not want to know until the baby actually arrives.
Well, we've got a couple weeks before our next ultrasound, so we have a bit of time to deliberate our choice amongst ourselves. Until then, we can all contemplate - to know, or not to know? Do you want to know?
I only want to know if its a girl. If its a boy, I want to wait to know so that I can fall in love with him when I see him without bias! Just kidding, I will love it either way....but maybe a little more if it was a girl! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, we got the ultrasound, and were told it is a boy, but we won't know for sure until it comes out. I figure you are either surprised at the ultrasound, or surprised in the delivery room. Its the same info either way. Also, how much like Santa can it really be when you only have 2 choices? lol It's not like the kid is gonna come out a pony. Whichever way you decide to go, get used to the what are you having questions- they just keep coming. Love you and keep on cooking.
ReplyDelete