Sunday, January 23, 2011

Due Date

Today is our official due date so a post seems appropriate. Unfortunately, we don't have the most exciting of news to report.

The nursery is done. Six loads of clothes, blankets, burp rags, and towels have been washed, dried, folded, and put away. We lucked out with a great deal on a glider/ottoman - now delievered, assembled, and ready to rock. Dresser/changing table has been delivered and is full. Baby monitor is mounted. Car seats installed in both cars. Hospital bags are packed. IPod loaded and ready.

So now what??? Wednesday, ate a VERY spicy seafood gumbo. Friday, tried the old fashioned way. Saturday, bought tickets for movie double feature...and saw both movies - even The Black Swan and True Grit couldn't coax this little one. Sunday, cleaned the house and tried sushi and chinese for lunch...If I didn't think my neighbors would come out screaming at me and my husband, I'd try shovelling next.

So now we just wait. If only this delivery date was as reliable and easily tracked as our Amazon Prime membership.

Here are some photos of the holidays and the belly as the big day approaches...


This belly defies gravity!

Handmade quilt from a volunteer at
Our Neighbors' Table

Cravings at the Friendly Toast: bleu cheese fries,
George's burger w/O-rings. Not pictured: eggs
benedict with smoked salmon, chocolate-rasberry
frappe! George never judges!

Santa's got nothing on this belly!

Sweet little baby atop my shower cake!

Everyone wants to touch baby! Auntie Lauren, Auntie
Christen, and Uncle Chris get their fix at Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I just want this baby to come out already but maybe he's being smart. I bet it's a lot warmer in your belly than out here in the real world. Up side storm #57 is coming tonight so maybe hes waiting till there is too much snow to even leave the house. I guess that is now actually an upside but I'm sure George can handle whatever happens. Love you.

    ~Jordy

    ReplyDelete